Public Act 100-0769 was passed August 10, 2018 to implement a voluntary defined contribution (DC) plan for our members. To accommodate this change, TRS is migrating from its current annual reporting process to pay-period based reporting. The anticipated reporting process change is scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1, 2021. TRS will be working diligently to facilitate the change and make the transition for our employers as smooth as possible.
TRS will be:
- developing a new software which will allow employers to report on a pay-period basis;
- communicating updates on the progress of the project, which is called Gemini;
- providing training on the new reporting method on an on-going basis; and
- testing employer data files in the new file format prior to the anticipated implementation.
Pay-period reporting information for employers:
- Employer Bulletin FY20-13, Gemini Implementation Date Change
- Employer Bulletin FY20-12, Testing Process for Employer Payroll Files
- Employer Bulletin FY20-08, Pay-period Reporting Update
- Employer Bulletin FY19-14, Annual Reporting Changing to Pay-period Reporting on July 1, 2020 (later changed to Jan. 1, 2021)
- New File Layout for Monthly Payroll Reporting video
- Outline (used in the webinar listed above)
- File Format instructions (share with IT staff/or payroll vendor)