TRS will continually deliver the retirement security promised to our members by maintaining the highest and most efficient level of service and by living our values:
- Put the best interests of others first
- Continuous improvement
WHO WE ARE
Created by the Illinois General Assembly in 1939, TRS has grown to be one of the largest teachers’ retirement systems in the United States. TRS provides retirement benefits for teachers who are employed by all Illinois public common and charter school districts located outside the city of Chicago. The Illinois Pension Code contains the laws relating to our creation, benefits and administration.
JOIN OUR TEAM
TRS employs a diverse workforce for administration, benefit services, building services, finance, investments, and information technology. TRS offers the opportunity to build an impactful career through:
- Growth opportunities
- Training and development
- Education assistance
TRS offers competitive benefits which include the following:
- Vacation, sick, personal, holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, vision - Learn more about Health Benefits
- Disability benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending plan
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- Medicare contribution
- Parental/adoption leave
- Prescription drug plan
- Retirement benefits
- Tier I (member before Jan. 1, 2011) - Learn more about Tier I retirement benefits in the Tier I Member Guide.
- Tier II (member on or after Jan. 1, 2011) - Learn more about Tier II benefits in the Tier II Member Guide.
TRS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.