At TRS, we strive to foster a transparent and ethical environment based on our Core Values: Integrity, Accountability, Service, Teamwork, Diversity and Continuous Improvement. To help us ensure that our workplace and operations meet these professional standards, we utilize a third party, Red Flag Reporting, to provide a convenient and confidential means to let us know about potential fraud or unethical behavior by phone or online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Report Fraud or Unethical Behavior
Users can make a secure, confidential report online at Red Flag Reporting, https://portal3.redflagreporting.com/file-a-report-login, using the client code ILTRSWEB or by calling Red Flag Reporting at 1-800-647-3335.
Before Making a Report, Consider:
- Calling the TRS Member Services Call Center which provides help with all TRS business, including answering questions about your benefits, providing retirement estimates, scheduling a retirement meeting and directing you to information about TRS. You may reach us at email@example.com or by calling (877) 927-5877.
- Reviewing the Department Contact Information available at this link. Matters not involving ethical issues are more efficiently handled through other contacts at TRS.
- If you are seeking TRS records not available on the TRS website, please use the TRS Public Records Center to submit your request.
- We encourage you to report information in good faith and to refrain from making false accusations as we take all reports seriously.
What to Report?
Red Flag Reporting is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report concerns about:
- Conflict of interest
- Unethical conduct
- Improper business activity
- Waste or misuse of property
- Retirement benefits abuse
- Felony charges relating to teaching service
- Sexual harassment
What Happens After the Report is Received?
TRS will review your report with one of the following results:
- A review will be conducted. While we accept confidential reports, please understand that our review may be limited if we are unable to contact you for additional information.
- If the matter is deemed outside the scope of TRS, the report may be referred to an appropriate agency or authority.
- If review of the matter does not identify fraud or unethical behavior like the concerns described above, the matter may be referred to the appropriate TRS department or closed.