Employers provide a vital link between members and TRS. They forward member and employer contributions, report member earnings, member service credit information, and disseminate information about TRS to more than 159,000 active members. Information provided by employers determines the members' current service credit, creditable earnings, and retirement contributions.
Zoom Forums Scheduled to Discuss Gemini Reporting
As we progress further with Gemini reporting, TRS is scheduling weekly “Open Forums” via Zoom. The forums are open to all employers. No registration is necessary. TRS will be represented by various Gemini staff from both the technical and business teams.
The purpose of the Gemini Zoom Forums is to:
- Provide information on the new Supplemental Savings Plan (SSP) and offer an opportunity to raise questions or request additional support.
- Allow employers to give feedback to TRS about the new system and reporting process.
- Give employers the opportunity to ask questions regarding the system or new reporting requirements.
- Allow employers to hear other employers’ experiences and issues they face, as well as the resolutions to those issues.
- Work together to resolve issues and concerns.
The weekly Gemini Zoom Forums are currently held on Thursdays between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. These calls are meant to be open forums and not scheduled meetings, which means you can sign in at any time the call is open, leave at any time, listen in or participate by asking questions and/or leaving feedback.
All meetings will be available via the same link and password.
Resources for Gemini
Videos, File Format instructions, procedures and an interactive File Validations document are available on the Gemini Resources page.
Public Act 100-0769 was passed August 10, 2018 to implement a voluntary defined contribution (DC) plan for our members. To accommodate this change, TRS is migrating from its current annual reporting process to pay-period based reporting. TRS has been working diligently to facilitate the change and make the transition for our employers as smooth as possible.
TRS has been:
- developed a new Employer Portal that allows employers to report on a pay-period basis;
- communicating updates on the progress of the project, which is called Gemini;
- providing training on the new reporting method on an on-going basis; and
- testing employer data files in the new file format prior to the implementation
- leading weekly open forum zoom for all employers.
Visit the Pay-Period Reporting (Gemini) page for more information.